100EXAMPLES OF ‘DRAMATICALLY AND DEMONSTRABLY DIFFERENT‘ THINGS BUSINESSES ARE DOING THAT YOU CAN LEARN FROM
Wow, we’re in very, very interesting times! Uncertainty, disruption and a sense of panic definitely abounds, and it’s very interesting to see how different businesses are reacting to the situation created by the Corona Virus outbreak. In any ‘sudden change’, there are both opportunities and threats. How businesses react to those opportunities and threats often says a lot about them. This page aims to highlight ‘TheGood, TheBad And TheUgly‘ and it’s aim is to help you learn from them, both in terms of what to do… and what NOT to do!
WE’RE AFTER 100EXAMPLES AND WE’D LOVE TO GET YOURS!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU’VE SEEN, HEARD ABOUT, EXPERIENCED OR ARE DOING BY GETTING IN TOUCH BELOW
THE GOOD….. (CLICK ON EACH IMAGE TO FIND OUT MORE)
1. Web designers Hydra Creative letting their customer know that they are there for them… without being ‘pushy’
2. Local telecom provider VOOT going the ‘extra mile’ to delight their customers – and it was us!
3. Vacuum manufacturer Gtech showing real innovation by shifting its production focus on creating a ventilation solution for the NHS
4. Caterers PJ Taste getting proactive and developing lots of innovative new ‘offers’… deliver to home meals and spacial hampers
5. Churches look to ‘get all modern’ and use technology to reach their audience by online video
6. Morrisons take care of their small suppliers by offering prompt payments
7. A great insight from James Timpson on his approach of looking after his 5,500 staff members and demonstarting true 3D Leadership
8.The CityGrab App from Sheffield taxi firm City Taxis is an innovative approach to helping local restaurants and takeaways maximise opportunities in these tough times
9. Audible makes hundreds of books free to download
10. Domino’s, Pret A Manger and McDonalds are giving free food and drinks to NHS staff
11. Fullers cancel all commercial rents to tenants in ‘we’re all in this together’ letter
12.Gary Neville opens up his hotels to NHS staff
13. Chatter Pack has compiled a list of free resources for online learning – business, personal and kids
14. Mallorca police take a ‘Dramatically and Demonstrably Different’ approach to patrolling their beat!
15. Sing And Sign find a way to engage with their customers
16.Great leadership from Neil Clifford, Chief Executive Of Kurt Keiger who’s taking a 50% salary cut, giving NHS staff a 50% discount and paying shop staff to volunteer for charities
17. Jiraffe are offering a free service to transport their equipment for kids with theraputic needs to ensure they get what they need even though their schools are closed
18. Resolve IT take a ‘Dramatically and Demonstrably Different’ to saying thank you to their staff working remotely – personalised sweets sent to their homes!
19. Norwich City players ring up their older season ticket holders each week to check they are OK
20.Roundabout charity with an innovative approach to fundraising – a virtual Easter Balloon Race that’s open to all!
21. Banking software business Sopra held an innovative ‘Ask The MD’ video Q&A session on Friday – not for employees, but for their kids! No question was off the table and apparently, they didn’t hold back! Well done MD Richard Broadbent – 3D Leadership in action
22. Brewer Brewdog have adapted their brewing skills and resources in Aberdeen to create hand sanitisers for the NHS and have been working around the clock to fill a gap – over 50,000 units so far!
23. Bill Gates explains how he his investing $2 Billion of his money on 7 different research factories to find a ‘cure’ for Corona Virus!
24.‘Give Us A Toot’ And We’ll Fill Your Boot!’ – Blacker Hall Farm making themselves ‘easy to buy from’ with a ‘Drive-Thru’ shop for fresh fruit, vegetables, meat and fish! InnovatiON in Action!
THE BAD AND THE UGLY…..
1. Britannia Hotel in Aviemore that sacks all its staff by letter
2. The Tennessee brothers that bought sanitizers and tried to sell them on at exorbitant prices until Amazon stepped in
3. Tesco’s rise their prices on a 1,000 products
4. Weatherspoon’s boss says pubs should be kept open
LET’S END ON A POSITIVE – HERE’S SOME THINGS THAT ARE FUNNY…..
1. An Old Irishman Teaches You How To Keep Fit At Home!
2. Sorry for this… (Let us have some better ones!)
3. Nicola Sturgeon’s warning to the Scots (Beware – swearing involved!)
4. Old ladies in self isolation at Bryn Celyn Care Home in South Wales playing Hungry Hippos!
5. 7 year old Amelia plays Noughts And Crosses With The Postman!
6. Sandra The Orangutan Learns The Best Handwashing Technique
7. Playing Bingo In The Street – Only In Barnsley! (Click to watch it in action’!)
8. Jill’s Dad takes a 3D approach in developing a brand new skill – He’s now a conductor! (Click on the image to see him ‘performing’!)
We Need Some More!
To Let Us Have Your Examples Of The Good, The Bad And The Ugly!