Fancy pouring your own beer when you want (how often you want!) next time you’re in the pub?
Well, now you can! iPourIt is a Dramatically and Demonstrably Different way of being served in a bar or pub. Basically, you pour it yourself and your personal wristband tells them it was you who poured it!
The innovative system which has recently been launched in the US and is number #16 in our 3D Challenge search for 100 ideas! The first bar that it has appeared in is the TapHouse in Huntington Beach, California.
- Makes bars ‘easy to buy from’ by reducing queues. You simply swipe your credit card when you go in, you get a wristband, and off you go!
- Creates a ‘personalised’ experience by allowing customers to pour as little or as much as they like!
- Tells customers what they’ve had! An added bonus is that customers can go online and visit the website to tell them what they’ve had, how much they’ve had, and where they had it (just in case they’ve forgotten!)
There are real benefits to bars too..
- It frees staff up to serve other customers,
- It records every drop that’s poured, so avoids ‘spillage costs’ and
- By collecting customer data, allows bars to get closer to their customers, send tailored offers and promotions and reward loyalty.
It obviously also provides a ‘Dramatically Different’ customer experience that gets people talking!
The inspiration for iPourIt came when the founders Joseph McCarthy and Brett Jones went to a sports bar to have a beer. They waited ages before someone came to take their order, and an even greater period passed before the server came back to tell them the beer they wanted was not available! It’s a great example of 3D Thinking – identify a customer problem and provide a solution!
What ‘problems’ do your customers have that could provide you with opportunities to get you ‘Thinking in 3D‘ – why not get ‘Drinking in 3D‘ to get you started!
(This idea is number #16 in our 3D Challenge search for 100 ideas!)
(3D Characteristic #2 Establish A Dramatic Difference! #4 Forget CRM, Think MCR!)