The guys at Trendwatching have produced another excellent new report today which is well worth a read.
It suggests that in this world of customers who are more demanding, time-starved, informed and choice-saturated than ever before. winning businesses are the ones who are differentiating themselves by being proactive at being ‘Servile’.
They define ‘Servile’ as “being a lifestyle servant focused on catering to the needs, desires and whims of your customers, wherever and whenever they are”.
Well, I don’t want to come across as all ‘I told you so’, but the report really does emphasise many of the things that I regularly ‘rant on’ about:
It’s about Creating Delighted and Devoted Customers (Characteristic #3 of 3D Businesses) by….
- Being easy to buy from and deal with – making things ‘seamless’!
- Personalising customer experiences – giving them what they want, when and how they want it!
- Solving problems (even problems they didn’t know they had!)
- Adding real value through providing useful information and ideas that help them
- Signposting customers to relevant and helpful stuff
You can download a pdf of the report here – it’s well worth a look! There are some great examples (even some we have highlighted previously: Tesco’s in South Korea -and the Red Tomato Pizza Fridge Magnet!)
You can also download our ‘Customer Delight As Competitive Advantage’ ebooklet to help you make this stuff work in your business.
As ever, please don’t just read the reports – DO SOMETHING AS A RESULT!